Marlon Brando is one of the most celebrated actors of all time. His performances as Vito Corleone, Stanley Kowalski, and Terry Malloy earned him multiple awards. He is considered a hero to artists to this day and his use of “the method” changed the way actors and the audience looked at acting as an art form. Marlin Brando was an actor’s actor.
He was also a mega creep who terrorized actors, directors and assaulted his co-star of Last Tango in Paris (along with director Bernardo Bertolucci).
Trigger warnings for this episode are sexual assault, domestic abuse, and mental health. (Please take care when listening)
Sources for this episode:
- Marlon Brando Wikipedia
- Daily Mail “Last Tango in Paris Actress Felt Raped by Marlon Brando”
- The Guardian: The Last Tango in Paris Rape Scene Was Not Consensual
- Washington Post: The Last Tango Paris Rape Scene Causes Controversy
- The Guardian: “Marlon Brando Was Idol He Turned to be a Monster”
- The documentary “Listen to Me Marlon” (2015)
- Uproxx: Marlon Brando’s Creepy 1966 Letter to a Stewardess”
- EW: The 15 Most Fascinating Revelations About Marlon Brando…
- Yahoo: The 10 Craziest Stories About Marlon Brando
- Brando Unzipped by Darwin Porter
- Somebody by Stefan Kanfer
Be sure to follow us on social media! But don’t follow us too closely … don’t be a creep about it!