John Edwards was a US Senator for North Carolina and the Democratic nominee for Vice President in 2004 with John Kerry for President. He also ran for president in 2008.
But also, he’s a creep who cheated on his wife while she was dying from cancer and misused campaign funds to keep his mistress a secret, which back in the day was enough to ruin your political career.
Trigger warning: Cheating spouses, animal abuse, and cancer. If these are sensitive subjects for you, it’s OK to take care of yourself. And if you want to donate to a good cause, check out Pink Ribbon Girls.
Sources from this episode include:
- ABC News
- Rielle Hunter’s ABC News interview
- Elizabeth Edwards’s interview on ABC News
- People Magazine – June 27, 2010
- The New York Times review of Andrew Young’s book, “The Politician”
- Huffington Post
- The Daily Beast
- Wikipedia – Rielle Hunter
- Wikipedia – John Edwards